Hey Dev, are you tired of playing Ark Survival Evolved alone? Well, don’t worry because you can now host your own LAN server and play with your friends. In this article, we’ll guide you on how to set up your own server and get started with multiplayer gaming.
Requirements to Host a LAN Server
Before we dive into the process of hosting a LAN server, let’s go through the requirements:
Ark Survival Evolved Game
You need to have the game installed on your computer.
You need a robust computer with high specs to run the game and server.
Good Internet Connection
You must have a stable and fast internet connection to host a server.
Step-by-Step Guide to Host a LAN Server
Step 1: Download and Install Ark Server Manager
The first step is to download and install the Ark Server Manager. This tool will help you set up and manage your server easily.
Here are the steps to download and install:
- Go to the Ark Server Manager website.
- Click on the Download button, and select the version you want to download.
- Open the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
Step 2: Configure the Server Settings
Now that you have installed the Server Manager, it’s time to configure the server settings. Here are the steps:
- Open the Ark Server Manager.
- Click on the New button to create a new server.
- Give your server a name and select the game mode and map you want to use.
- Set the max players, server password, and other settings according to your preference.
- Click on the Save button to save the settings.
Step 3: Start the Server
Now that you have configured the server settings, it’s time to start the server. Here are the steps:
- Go back to the Server Manager dashboard.
- Click on the Start button next to your server name.
- Wait for the server to start, and check the console for any errors.
- Once the server is up and running, you can connect to it using your local IP address.
Step 4: Connect to the Server
Finally, it’s time to connect to the server and start playing with your friends. Here are the steps:
- Open Ark Survival Evolved on your computer.
- Click on the Join button.
- Enter your server’s IP address in the Server Name or IP field.
- Enter the server password if you set one.
- Click on the Connect button.
1. How many players can join a LAN server?
It depends on the server’s settings and your computer’s specs. However, a typical LAN server can host up to 10-20 players.
2. Can I use mods on my LAN server?
Yes, you can use mods on your LAN server. You can either download them from the Steam Workshop or upload them manually.
3. Can I change the server settings after starting the server?
Yes, you can change the server settings anytime using the Server Manager. However, make sure to restart the server after making any changes.
4. Can I host a LAN server without using the Ark Server Manager?
Yes, you can host a LAN server without using the Ark Server Manager. However, it will require some technical knowledge and command line usage.
Hosting a LAN server for Ark Survival Evolved can be a fun and exciting experience. With this step-by-step guide, you can easily set up your own server and start playing with your friends. Just remember to follow the requirements and configure the server settings correctly. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Happy gaming, Dev!